Brushing and Flossing Near You
As we’re taught from a young age, brushing and flossing our teeth, gums, and yes, even our tongues, is very important to maintain good oral hygiene and good health overall. Since we only see our dentist every 6 months or so, dutifully engaging in this habit will allow us to preserve our smiles at home.
If you have any questions about proper teeth brushing and flossing near you, the team here at our local dental practice is available to assist you. Whatever you need, we’ve got it covered!
Why Brushing and Flossing Are Important
Most of us don’t take the time to think about why brushing and flossing our smiles throughout the day matters. Listed below are just some of the things that this act can help prevent:
- Tooth decay/cavities.
- Gum disease.
- Bad breath (also known as halitosis).
Furthermore, prioritizing the health of your teeth and gums will also help boost your self-confidence as you won’t feel embarrassed when you smile or laugh, and you’ll be able to eat and drink freely.
The Proper Technique
Did you know that there is indeed a proper way to brush and floss? That’s right! For your convenience, the steps involved are outlined below.
- Adjust your toothbrush so that it’s at 45 degrees.
- Scrub your teeth and gums in a circular motion.
- Be gentle! Too much force can lead to bleeding or soreness – it can even end up eroding your enamel.
- Make sure to brush every tooth, especially those at the back of your mouth! This includes the front and back surfaces and the chewing surfaces.
- Brush your tongue too!
- A good length of floss is 18 inches or so; you want to make sure there’s enough to hold onto.
- Wrap the ends of the floss around your fingers for better maneuvering.
- Gently, once again, slide the floss in between your teeth. Curving it slightly will help remove debris clinging to the sides of your teeth and along your gums.
- Do this between all your teeth.
Should you need any assistance or clarification about brushing and flossing in Leduc, reach out to your dentist or dental hygienist. They’ll guide you through each step so you can feel more comfortable and empowered when you do this at home.
Come Visit Us Today
Are you on the search for a reliable dental clinic? Where the staff are both approachable and skilled? Look no further than Leduc Dental Centre! Our team awaits your call and is eager to collaborate with you. Whether you need more information about brushing and flossing near you or more complex care, contact us!