Emergency Dentist Near you
It’s not uncommon to experience a dental emergency – they’re unexpected and can happen in a variety of circumstances. If you find yourself in such a situation, don’t worry! Take a deep breath to calm yourself then get yourself to the dentist. The sooner you do, the sooner your smile will be restored.
At our local dental office, we welcome any patients who are dealing with dental emergencies in Leduc. There’s no need to call ahead!
What is a Dental Emergency?
As the term indicates, a dental emergency is any situation that triggers the need for immediate dental care. If you’re unsure about whether you should come in, it’s always best to play it safe and visit your dentist.
Some of the most frequently occuring issues that our emergency dentist in near you sees are:
- Severe bleeding.
- Fragmented teeth (ie: chipped or cracked).
- A knocked-out tooth.
- Oral trauma. Aside from damaged teeth, this also encompasses cut lips, cheeks, and tongue.
- Broken orthodontics.
- An abscess.
- A lost or damaged dental structure like fillings, bridges, or crowns.
When you come in, make sure to tell your dentist all the details you can; this information is important as it helps them establish an accurate understanding of your circumstance and therefore identify the best path forward. Depending on the level of damage, you may be advised to come in for a follow-up appointment so they can see how your mouth is healing. If you have any concerns, or you’re uncertain as to whether you should come in for treatment, don’t be shy about reaching out to our Leduc emergency dentist. They’ll be happy to help you however you need.
Ways to Prevent Dental Emergencies in Leduc
- Wear a mouthguard when you play sports.
- Wear a night guard. Meant to be worn while you’re sleeping, this device prevents your teeth from grinding together, a condition which can lead to broken teeth if left untreated.
- Don’t use your teeth to open things – use scissors instead!
- Brush and floss each day to stop decay from amalgamating.
- Visiting your dentist for periodic appointments.
- Stay away from super hard/crunchy foods.
At Leduc Dental Centre, we’re here to help you preserve and remedy your smile; no issue is too big or small; if you need care, our staff will work hard to ensure that you receive the best treatment for your unique smile.
For more information on dealing with dental emergencies near you, Our emergency dentist in Leduc is passionate about providing the highest-quality care to every patient who walks through our doors. give us a call, visit our website, or drop by our clinic in person when you’re able.