For a lot of people, going to the dentist is not their cup of tea. It’s perfectly alright to feel nervous when coming in for an appointment. These feelings tend to arise because we aren’t sure what to expect and don’t want to experience any pain.
When you come into our local dental clinic, our team is here to make sure that you are comfortable and relaxed the entire time your smile is being treated. You deserve to feel good and be empowered to take charge of your oral health, instead of constantly worrying.
Common Dental Fears and Anxiety in Leduc:
- Pain and/or sensitivity.
- Fear that the aesthetic or numbing medication won’t work properly.
- Fear of losing control.
- Embarrassment about the state of your smile.
- Can’t see what’s going on.
Again, it’s okay to be nervous, but that shouldn’t hold you back from receiving the dental attention that you deserve. Fortunately, there are several methods that you can adopt to help prevent these qualms and make your experience at the dental office a lot more enjoyable. Please find them below:
- Listen to music – Not only does listening to music help you relax but it’s also a great distractor.
- Bring a mirror with you – Holding up a mirror while your dentist works will allow you to see what’s happening with your teeth and gums and feel more in control.
- Receiving sedation dentistry – This form of dentistry is specifically designed to alleviate uneasiness. Depending on the type of treatment you’re receiving, your oral health status, and what your dentist advises, there are multiple forms of sedation available. This includes mild, moderate, and general anesthesia.
- Throat spray – Believe it or not, throat sprays can help prevent your gag reflex from being triggered. Their effects last for about an hour or so.
- Talk to your dental team! Let your dentist know how you’re feeling and what you prefer! They’re there for you! Ask as many questions as you want because your voice matters.
Book an Appointment with Us
Is it time for you to attend a routine dental cleaning? Maybe you need to undergo oral surgery, or you’re on the road to acquiring braces. Whatever the case, when you come into Leduc Dental Centre, our friendly, skilled staff will do everything they can to take care of you. No one deserves to deal with dental fear and anxiety in Leduc.
Call or send us a message today.