Good Diet Near You
Consuming a balanced diet is a significant aspect of staying healthy and living life to the fullest. Fruits, veggies, dairy, meats, all these things and more help our organs function, strengthen our skin and bones, and preserve our teeth from infection and decay.
Making sure that your child not only eats well but that they understand why need to, will help them prioritize their health. Teaching them such a habit from a young age will stick with them when they grow up, allowing them to grow into healthy, happy adults.
What to Do
Although talking with your child’s pediatric dentist is a good step in the right direction, much of the day-to-day tasks that will help your child eat well take place at home. Here are some things that you can do to ensure that your kiddo is staying healthy and, by extension, so is their smile:
- Give them healthy snacks. Carrot sticks, apples, and cheese strings are just a few examples.
- Make sure they drink plenty of water. Not only does this keep them hydrated, but the water helps wash away bacteria from their teeth and gums too.
- Limit the number of sticky foods. Sweets, jams, and peanut butter are some foods that can be difficult to fully scrub off your smile. Avoiding these things will make it easier to brush.
- Remind yourself that it’s okay for your child to have chips and sweets every once in a while!
- Help them clean and floss their teeth after meals. This ensures that bacteria and plaque don’t sit on their smile for a lengthy period – if it does, cavities can start to form.
- Make sure your child isn’t constantly snacking. While snacks do provide energy throughout the day, constant food intake means that bacteria are constantly sitting on your smile. This can pose a problem to tooth enamel and gum tissue.
Talk to Our Dental Staff Today
If you’re looking to gather more information about how to help your child with maintaining a good diet in Leduc but aren’t quite sure where to start, we encourage you to visit Leduc Dental. We are here to assist you and your family with all your oral health needs; no ask is too big or too small – if you need it, we’ll make it happen.
To set up a consultation, you can contact us by phone, fill out the form on our website, or drop by our dental office and talk to our team in person. We are very excited to collaborate with you and your kiddo soon!